Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NEWS ON THE MARCH


IN EXACTLY ONE WEEK, my wife, daughter, and I will move into our first house house. While most of the books and kitchen items have been boxed, NONE of the gazillion children's books or toys, or clothing, or office supplies, or toiletries, or files, or archives, or computing devices and their ancillary hardware, or library books, or things in the drawers in the nightstand, or shoes, or things hidden under the couch or beds or bureaus that we don't know about but will be discovered once those pieces of furniture are moved, or things that have been bought for the new house but are still in bags on the floor in our bedroom, or miscellaneous items that we didn't know what to do with after our last move and haven't used in the whole time we've lived here but are still in a milk crate at the top of the closet, or toys squirreled away for my daughter that she doesn't know about, or luggage, or shoe boxes, or non-perishable food in the pantry have been packed. Plus a few other things. As you may have guessed, in order to address this impossible situation (after breakfast, of course), I'm going to have to rearrange my life priorities, which will mean that We Too Were Children, Mr. Barrie will sink to three (okay, five) on the priorities list. I hesitate to say I am putting the blog on hold, especially since I have a lot of future posts in various stages of completion, but it is safe to say that I will not post until we are in the new house next week. Depending on other things (like unpacking, for instance), my posts may be further delayed, but I will do the best that I can to post as frequently as possible.

Please use this opportunity to sift back through the older posts and comment away. Also, to check out some of my other writing as listed in the "Digital Footprint" section of this page's footer. Or my Flickr sets, which include manifold scans of things mentioned (and things not mentioned) on We Too Were Children, Mr. Barrie. And there are some pretty cool things on the Blogroll page. Just as long as you don't leave me for them. (There's enough electronic love for everyone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment